Objective: Each month players need to practice and submit their objective test times via TEXT and ONLINE on or before the 28th for the bench mark dates: Benchmark Dates: (September: 28th) (December: 28th) (January: 28th) (February: 28th) (March: 28th) (April: 28th)
Each month players should submit their times by doing two things:
- Task #1: (After player films themselves performing wall-ball test)
- TEXT: Players should text wall-ball video to coach DeBolt (315-719-8072)
- Note: The wall-ball video is the only test that needs to be texted each month.
- Note: If a player's video is too long to send via text that is ok! Players should text Coach DeBolt letting him know their time, and the video file is too large to send.
- Note: Each wall-ball test is listed on the Prosper website tab (CLICK HERE). There are also several descriptive videos, with specifics on each and every stage of the workout. You can find these videos online under the "Wallball" tab. All coaches will be sure to educate players about wall-ball during practices to ensure everyone understands each skill and how the test works.
- Note: Please note that these initial times are made as a baseline so we can measure their development. At this point in the season, it is OKAY if you can not pass the wall-ball test and it is OKAY to make mistakes! Please take your time, and focus on doing each skill correctly. Rushing will only lead to more mistakes and a longer time. Off-field practice is a huge factor in becoming a better lacrosse player and stick skills will have big implications on playing time this season.
- Note: We ask that all players save the video as a reference going forward so players can track gradual skill development after each test. This is a great way to see improvement from the start of the season to the end of the season.
- Task #2:
- Submit wall-ball times online: Player should CLICK HERE to record objective text times online on or before the 28th of each month.
- Note: On the registration the wall-ball is the only mandatory test we ask players to complete however, we encourage each player to challenge themselves in regards to the Wall-Ball, 40yard Dash, Push up Test, Sit-up test, and Mile Run Test. **All these tests will be used to pick teams and lines so it it important for all players to consistently practice each test.